WAO TERMS OF SERVICE
Terms and conditions here are to define user's rights, obligations and responsibilities when using the Internet and mobile service ("Service") provided by WAO Social Network Service ("WAO") run by HwakShin Inc. ("Company").
In this Agreement, the terms are defined as follows:
1. "Service" means all the WAO and related services provided by the company through the member's terminal (including mobile, tablet PC, etc.)
2. "Member" refers to customers who access the service and sign a service contract with the company pursuant to this Agreement.
3. "Id" is a combination of letters and numbers designated by the member and approved by the company for identification and service provision of the member.
4. "WAO Point" is the data in the service which is accumulated in the system upon completion of certain actions by the member pursuant to Article 10.
ARTICLE 3(STATEMENT AND MODIFICAITON OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS)
1. These terms and conditions shall be posted on http://www.wao.co.kr.
2. The company may revise these terms and conditions to the extent necessary without violating the relevant statutes, such as the "Act on Regulation of Terms and Conditions" and "Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection."
3. If the company amends the terms and conditions, the company shall notify the amendment 14 days before the application date through the website or other notice board or email.
4. If the member does not explicitly refuse within 14 days of the announcement date, the member shall be deemed to have agreed to the revised agreement.
5. If a member indicates that he or she does not agree to the amendment, the company cannot apply the amended terms and conditions, and the member cannot use the service from the date the amendment becomes effective.
ARTICLE 4(THE CONCLUSION OF A SERVICE CONTRACT)
1. The service contract is concluded by the person who intends to become a member ("User") agrees to the terms and applies for membership, and then the company accepts the service contract. If necessary, the company can request a person's real name verification and identification through the identification institution.
2. When applying for membership, the applicant shall enter the right information, and the disadvantage and legal liability arising from the entry of false information shall lie with the applicant.
3. You must be at least 13 years old or the minimum legal age in your country to use WAO.
4. You must not be prohibited from receiving any aspect of our Service under applicable laws or engaging in payments related Services if you are on an applicable denied party listing.
5. We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies.
ARTICLE 5(MANAGING ACCOUNT ID)
1. You may view and change your information using the Settings menu in Services. However, you may not be able to change some information like your email, ID, phone number, unique device identifiers and other user identification information required for us to provide and manage Services, and in case such information is changed, an additional user identification process may be required. If you want to update the information you provided us at the time of signing up for Services, you may change it directly on the Services or contact us via email or Customer Service.
2. The Company is not responsible for any losses resulting from your failure to update information in Services.
ARTICLE 6(USE OF SERVICE)
1. WAO is a social network service that compensate to those who capture and share their activity.
2. The Company may provide you with updates of the software needed to use Services once a new feature is available or an unnecessary feature is removed. Please update the software regularly so that you may use and enjoy the benefit of Services.
3. For quality services, the Company may send you service announcements, administrative messages, advertisements and other information related to your use of Services by email or post them on the Services
ARTICLE 7(CHANGING OF SERVICE)
The Company does its best to provide Services 24/7 all year round. However, we may temporarily stop our Services for regular or temporary inspection for maintenance, repair or for other reasons, and we will make sure to give you advance notice within Services on such occasions. If Services are unexpectedly suspended, the Company will make its utmost efforts to figure out the possible causes and restore Services as soon as possible.
ARTICLE 8(HALT SERVICE)
The Company can halt services temporarily when events such as checking and fixing communication facilities like computers, or the facilities breakdown, or loss of communication occur. The company can halt services temporarily when there is uncontrollable force like natural disaster. When Company halts its services due to the reasons mentioned in Clause 1, it should notify users of halt services in accordance with the methods discussed in Article 8. We will post notice of such modifications or terminations on the screen or the Notices page in the individual Service. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you individually of any modification or termination that materially affect your rights or obligations, by sending an email
ARTICLE 9(CANCEL AND LOSS OF MEMBERSHIP)
1. You may request for the termination of these Terms and Conditions at any time by using the menu provided in Services. The Company will take actions accordingly in a swift manner as required under the relevant laws and regulations.
ARTICLE 10(WAO POINT)
Company provides the following points to its users.
1. If the user meets the requirements notified by the company in advance, such as posting pictures within the service, the company can pay a certain amount of WAO Points to the member according to the predetermined criteria.
2. You can check the accumulated WAO Points on the My Page screen in the service.
3. If there is a difference between the amount of reserves entered on the server and the amount on the client, the value is always based on the number of the server.
4. Company can retake WAO Point if a user deletes a posting after receiving the WAO Point through Clause 1. Specific operating policy is based on the company's operating policies.
5. WAO Points cannot be transferred, inherited, leased or secured. Exceptions are made in case the company approves.
ARTICLE 11(USER ID AND PASSWORD)
1. The user shall be responsible for the management of the user ID and password, and the user shall not let any third party know or use his or her ID or password.
2. If a user is aware that his or her ID or password is stolen or used by a third party, the member shall notify the company immediately and follow the instructions of the company.
3. In the case of Clause 2, the company shall not be held liable for any disadvantages caused by failure to notify the company or failure to comply with the instructions.
ARTICLE 12(COLLECTING AND INTERWORKING ID AND IME VALUE)
According to the 'Android Advertising ID Use Policy' introduced by Google Play 4.0 version, the company uses the ad ID and the member's IMEI values to prevent fraudulent use and point making.
ARTICLE 13(RESPONSIBILITY OF "WAO")
1. "WAO" should not do any actions banned from the laws or from this terms and conditions and nor should do any actions against good public order and customs.
2. "WAO" also must do its best for sustainable and stable provide of the goods and services in terms of this terms and conditions.
3. "WAO" should establish security system to protect its users' personal information for the users' to use the Internet services safely.
ARTICLE 14(RESPONSIBILITY OF "USER")
The user shall not perform the following actions in relation to the service of use.
1. Registration of false information in all applications and changes related to service use.
2. Unauthorized alteration, deletion, etc. of various information posted in the service.
3. The act of collecting personal information of other members or defaming them.
4. The act of transmitting advertisements or exposing obscene, violent information, etc. without the consent of the company.
5. Failure to comply with other obligations under the terms and conditions.
6. Other illegal, unjust acts.
ARTICLE 15(THE ATTRIBUTION AND RESTRICTION OF COPYRIGHT)
1. The rights of the company's trademarks, logos, services provided, and intellectual property rights concerning advertising contents belong to the company.
2. The user shall not use information obtained by using the service for profit or use by copying, transmitting, publishing, distributing, broadcasting or other means without prior approval from the company.
ARTICLE 16(DISPUTE RESOLUTION)
These Terms and Conditions or Services will be governed and implemented by the laws of the Republic of Korea. The Company will consult with you in good faith to resolve any disputes arising out of or relating to the use of Services. If unsettled, the case may be taken to the court to be determined pursuant to the Korean civil procedure law.
ARTICLE 17(TERMINATION OF SERVICE)
1. The company shall notify the users of the service by the method described in Article 3 Clause3 of this Agreement three months before the date of termination of the service.
2. Some services may be restricted from the end notification date to the end of the service.
ARTICLE 18(PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION)
The company will protect personal information, including member registration information, as provided under the relevant statutes. In relation to this, according to the relevant laws and the company's "Personal Information Collection Policy," the company publishes the information through the website for the users to check it all the time.
UPDATING THESE TERMS
We may change our Service and policies, and we may need to make changes to these Terms so that they accurately reflect our Service and policies. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you (for example, through our Service) before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. (Effective date: September 1, 2019)